Sunday, 25 May 2014

For what joy???

Something exciting happened last week. I was awarded the "Liebster Blog" Award by Ruth of Rose Hill Collections and Anitha of A Little Love Everyday. Thank you so much both of you!!! :-) Ruth has a beautiful blog and I'm always amazed by her fast crocheting skills, as she always has some beautiful crocheted project to show in all her posts. Great going Ruth. And Anitha (as she has already mentioned) is one of my early blog friends. She's multi-talented and I always wait to read her blog posts. After reading her recent post I realized that apart from crochet, we seem to have a lot in common. :-) Thank you again!! :-)


Well the  award comes with a few rules. which are
1) Write 11 random facts about me
2) Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter
3)Nominate bloggers who i think deserves this award and who have less than 200 followers
4)Ask 11 questions to my nominees


11 Random facts about me

1. I have visited 8 foreign counties in the past two and a half years and would love to visit more.
2. I'm a hoarder. I love yarn and stationary.
3. I'm a crazy lover of fruits, so much that my husband calls me a fruit fly.
4. I love R.D Burman's music.
5. I enjoy watching Jane Austen movies. My favorite is "Persuasion".
6. I love dogs. I applied nail polish to my neighbour's pet's nails when I was a kid. Purple was the shade of the nail paint ;-)
7. Purple/Lavender/Lilac are my favorite. (So the colour choice for point 6 ;-))
8. I hate to comb my hair and apply make-up.
9. I'm very bad(no exaggeration) at drawing.
10. I love spicy food, I sometimes eat raw green chillis like a side dish.
11. I have been chased by at least 8 dogs when I was a kid. :-P

11 questions from Ruth

1. What do you like most about blogging?
You get to meet/know new people while you sit in front of your computer, get inspiration from other blogs and constantly look forward to making new stuff, share ideas and most importantly make new friends.

2. If you were given the power to change one thing about you, what would it be and why?
The fear of public speaking. I'm very bad at it.

3. Who is your role model?
My mum.....

4. What is your most memorable moment?
Not one , I have many. And not a moment, but a rejoiced memory.
To name a couple of them:
The trip to Swiss with my husband.
The trip to Nainital with my family.

5. If you had million dollar, what is the first thing you would spend it on?
Yarn.

6. What's your favourite hobby?
Crocheting without a doubt.

7.  Other than your own, which country would like to live in?
I already live in a country(Canada), that's not my own, but I would love to live in the English country side.

8. Do you have a fantasy?
I was born in the Edwardian/Victorian era with all the beautiful costumes. Or atleast would love to be a part of a period(costume) drama. ;-)

9. What is your most preferred way of dealing with annoying people around you?
Ignore.

10. Who is your best blogging friend?
Anna from "Cultures' Chord by Hindustanka" and Anitha from "A little love everyday". Their work  truly inspires me and I encourage you to visit them.

11. What is your favourite subject?
Mathematics was favourite subject in school.


11 questions from Anitha

1) What is your favorite food?
Indian street food

2) Things that make you happy
Food, crochet, family, friends

3) If you could learn one random skill, what would it be?
Martial arts

4) Book that you read and enjoyed recently
I'm not much into reading, so the last book I read was the Harry Potter series. And I enjoyed it a lot.

5) Something most people don't know about you
I sound/look dominant but I'm not.

6) What's your favorite movie?
Persuasion

 7) song that you like very much
Old Hindi songs composed by R.D Burman and sung by Kishore Kumar.

8) What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Applied nail paint to a dog's nails.

9) What makes you nostalgic?
Train journeys in India.

10)What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That there were only 24 stars in the sky. (don't ask me why ;-P)

11) Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Dog person  



My nominies:
I would like to nominate 
Pavi from CrochetKumari who is extremely talented and nowadays is busy making baby stuff for her baby. :-)

Shobha Kamath of Ladle, Brush and Spade
She is an amazing cook and I love her detailed description for each recipe she posts.

She owns a wonderful space in the blog world and posts recipes mostly Indian but also from all over the world. 


My 11 questions for them.
1. What inspired you to start a blog ?
2. What is the thing your parents made you do when you were a kid and you hated it, but now you are happy you did it ?
3. Which is your favourite city/place in the world/place you visited and loved it ?
4. Are you a sports person ? Which one's your favourite?
5. What is the biggest surprise you have ever been given ?
6. If you like a song, you like it for its music or the lyrics ?
7. Your happiest dream till now ?
8. One habit of yours, you would want to change ?
9. Do you like living in a city with a busy life or the country side?? Why ?
10. One person in life you would share everything with ?
11. Are you a trend setter or trend follower ?

Well, this post was for the joy of receiving the "Liebster blog" award.
But the next will be for a FO.
Till I post again!!
Happy "doing whatever you like"!! :-)
-Ranjitha

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards Ranjitha! Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ranjitha! Congratulations on the awards!!!
    So interesting to know you better :) I like purple and lilac shades too (would make my baby wear clothes of these colors only, lol), but I am definitely a cat person.
    Imagine HOW much yarn you can buy with 1 million $?! I am swooning... :)))
    Thanks for calling me your best blogging friend... :))) I appreciate!
    Take care and hope your job going on well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna,
      Ah baby wear in lilac, my fav too :-)
      Looking at that yarn, my husband will faint. :-D
      Works going on fine. Hope you are also doing well.
      The due date's nearing and I'm waiting to receive some baby pics :-)
      Take care!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ranjitha.. Thanks for accepting the award. I enjoyed reading your post very much and burst out laughing when you mentioned that you applied nail polish to a dog. We do seem to have a lot in common. I love all Jane Austen novels. Northanger abbey is my favorite. Have a great week ahead! hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me Anitha. I wonder how that dog used to tolerate me, poor thing it still liked me a lot. I must watch Northanger abbey.
      Hope you're having a good week!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ranjitha, thank you for following my blog it's lovely to have you on board. Congratulations on your award I enjoyed reading your random things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ranjitha, I am glad you accepted the award. Thank you! So nice to get to know you a little more... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ranjitha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ranjitha,
    I realised only too late that you have nominated me for an award in may. Sorry about that. ☺

    ReplyDelete